Friday, March 26, 2010

God was busy today...

(Last night's journal entry)

God was busy today...

*HE listened with a tender ear as I prayed over a list of specific needs.

*HE answered promptly with clarity.

*HE prompted a spirit-led friend to deliver a sum of money for some work I'd done for her....it was exactly what was needed to cover a checking account....she had no idea!

*HE helped a kind lawyer explain that payments could indeed be made to speed a relative towards a safer, happier life. Oh, the relief.

*Tonight, one of the children thanked God for our trials, "so we can learn lessons from our mistakes". I felt His love then, and am grateful that my children are learning gospel truths.

*My Heavenly Father was in a meeting behind closed doors today. Unbeknowngst to us, a certain hard-working intern was a topic of discussion. Needs this month will be met. Gratitude abounds.

*Did you know that our Father in Heaven loves Boy Scouts? I didn't. But, HE was at a Pack Meeting tonight. Jake received his Arrow of Light award, and work pays off for everyone involved. I received a much-needed testimony of the importance of Boy Scouts for this particular son. I'm thankful for Spirit-led leaders, too.

*HIS Mighty Hand was there when the keys got locked in my van. Helpful neighbors came to my rescue. One offered a phone number, resulting in the prompt arrival of our maintenance man to let me into my house to fetch my spare keys. The inconvenience was short-lived. (If you've ever lived in OP Estates, you know that "maintenance" and "prompt" are rarely in the same sentence.)

*I saw God at work late this evening, helping the Kansas State Wildcats advance to the Elite Eight!

*And did you notice what He did outside just today? Oh my goodness. Blossoms are popping out, and buds are coming to the surface. And that lucious green grass--- oh. so. vibrant. But, best of all, gray skies be gone! The sunshine and warmer temps feed my soul.

He loves ME. He did all this for ME. God was busy today.

3 comments:

whitney said...

Thanks for the reminder, Cristal. I definitely needed it today :)

Tara said...

Christal, your faith strengthens me! Thanks for your posts - I love hearing tidbits from 'home.'

The Wilstead's said...

Wow what an uplifting post. Thank you for sharing that. It lifted my spirts. You are amazing to always look at the bright side of things. Thank your for your love and being my friend.