Monday, January 5, 2009



True to his word, Santa delivered Christmas Dreams to some very good boys and girls. I personally feel that this year was MY best ever as my own dreams came true when Santa brought the "girls" a great, big DOLLHOUSE! (It even has an elevator!) I spent countless hours in my youth dreaming of such a thing, as I crafted my own houses out of boxes, carpet scraps and homemade wallpaper (what is a wallpaper sample book, anyway?!) My Stripling Warrior was thrilled with his new weapons of war. And the little man received gifts from the heart that made him squeal, giggle and dance for hours! Merry Christmas, for sure
We know this day is not just about traditions, or receiving presents that are temporal....it's about receiving the GIFT of Jesus Christ. He is thought of and celebrated at this time. We truly know that He IS the Savior of the World. I'm thankful that I have such wonderful, good children with whom I can share these blessings!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your family came over to ring in the new year with us(well no one stayed the whole time but that is okay).We should do it more often.

Sheffer's said...

My sisters and I would do the same thing, although we did have a dollhouse, too. We would take the JCPenney catalog and cut the models out and a bunch of outfits, furniture, etc. and build a house of blocks. They would get quite elaborate! Oh, to be a little girl again... :D