This Thanksgiving Day marked occasion for me to reflect on how thankful I am for FAITH, FAMILY and FRIENDS...or as in our case, the FRIENDS who share our FAITH who are our FAMILY. I am reminded again our God's love for us as He provides lovin
g companionship with our fellow brothers and sisters. "Behold how good and how pleasant it is, for brethren to dwell together in unity..." is a true statement. Aunt Jennie, you are such a sweet person, and we are so glad you are here to share in our lives!!! Thank you James and Heather for your sharing this day with us, as well as your warm hospitality and amazing turkey!!! Bailey's, thanks for coming over and for helping make our time festive. You guys are all family to us! (And for the record, girls, we had better show those boys who really controls the the Wii next time!) After some persuasion, we decided to go back home to the Wichita area for a couple of days. We ended up being glad we did. We were able to spend some quality time with Joe's mom, brothers and their families, as well as with my own sisters and their families. We further enjoyed a wonderful time with our fellow brothers and sisters in our home branch that Sunday morning. I really wish I had taken our camera to church...Seeing them all again was heartwarming.



Grandma Pat's Wassil--yum!
The Mommies and their Babies

Joe and Jon
I always think of Thanksgiving as the Holiday Season Kick-off...a time to reflect on so many blessings, with Christmas being the culminating event of what we should be most thankful for-- our Savior, Jesus Christ. May this season be marked with reminders of these important things...
5 comments:
So many things - first of all, WISH WE COULD HAVE BEEN THERE ON THANKSGIVING!! Ours was kind of lame-o. Second, that picture of Jacob and Katy under the mistletoe? To die for!! SOOO cute! And thirdly, holy cow, the world only has room for one Joe Forred. It is crazy-wild to see him and his brother side-by-side like that. We miss you guys!
What a BEAUTIFUL family!!! Your little guy is SOOO big!!!
I saw my dad's twin over Thanksgiving, and because I hadn't seen my dad in so long, I thought he looked more like him than ever!! (Except his twin was sporting a gotee and a mustache this time!) Craziness! :o) Twins are so much fun!
Your Jacob is hilarious. I can't wait to show that to Jex in the morning. He will get a kick out of that. He really is a great kid. How is the schooling going?
I'm so glad you were able to spend time with family. I know sometimes it isn't easy, but building bridges is important too.
I LOVE the mistletoe picture!!!!!!
Post a Comment