Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Her Happy Place


The Hair. The Dress. The Shoes. The Neck Ribbon (which gave her some trouble.) All chosen carefully and donned with creative imagination. Katie is growing so fast; the Tinker Bell dress will soon need to move on to a younger friend. All too soon, she will be tending to all her fashion needs and wants--- all by herself ---all the time. (She would NOW if she had her own money!) I've discovered that this perch on the bathroom toilet is one of Katie's more frequent hang-outs lately (...I wonder where she'd go if I moved that mirror?) She loves to preen and "gock" at herself to achieve the "perfect" look she has in mind; the vanity issue may need to be addressed some day. But, for now, I love to peek in and watch her being so expressive. So creative. So proud of another one of her creations. Her happy place.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sheffer's said...

My littlest sister was a lot like that growing up, and now she has a degree in Fashion design and merchandising! {She's going to dress me someday.} I think it's cool how she knows what she likes already. You guys are great.

Brunson's said...

What a cutie! I love everything like that and about being girly! Taylor is throwing me through a loop when it comes to the girly things but someday we will figure each other out! Miss ya!

Jody said...

Hi Friend!
I love reading your blogs. They always get me thinking and also remind me to enjoy my kids. After all they are such an awesome gift from the Lord.
Love ya,

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

Your little fashion girl is precious. This post is a treasure.