Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Word of the day

FORBEARANCE
for-bear verb,to hold back, to wait, to refrain from
for-bear-ance adjective,the act of refraining from anything, self-restraint
Anyone out there ever find themselves in the whirlpool of
strife and contention? Sibling-rivalry, unruly neighbors, natural-born enemies...I know we all have them. Ooooh..I hate that!
Offense.
Defense.
Darn it all. Can't we all just get along?
Why is it so difficult to always be kind and unfailingly follow the great commandment to love your neighbor as yourself, and love one another, love your enemies, no matter what?!
Where's the default button that reads, "Love"?
(Should be as easy as that after all the opportunities I've had to exercise this concept!)
How overpowering is your urge to strike out and go with
FIRST REACTIONS?
WELL-
Forbearance is NOT a sign of weakness...
...it IS something I need to work on more.
So, for today's meditation:
D&C 98:23-27

2 comments:

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I have seen you survive so much in the last six years. Although this just might be one of the roughest waiting periods you have had as there is only one place to go...FORWARD!

I love you and want the best for you adorable family in the future wherever it may be and however long you have to wait to find out.

HLFackrell said...

You my dear are an awesome example of forebearance. I want to be like you when I grow up.